Choosing Your Marriage Celebrant
Anyone will do? Not likely. Choosing the right marriage celebrant to marry you and your loved one is an important decision you won’t want to rush.
Research, ask around for referrals, interview and find one that will help you create a fantastic wedding day for everyone involved.
They don’t just take care of the formalities; they help set the tone of your entire ceremony, one that should reflect your unique personalities and special relationship.
Start by looking for someone who enjoys what they do. This is a sure sign they will make the process enjoyable for you and your husband-to-be and will be adaptable and flexible to your requirements.
You’re also looking for an experienced and knowledgeable wedding celebrant who is a good public speaker and enjoys engaging people with humour and interest to ensure everyone feels welcome and included on your special day.
If you have met a wedding celebrant who is quite adamant about how the ceremony should go, will not adapt to your ideas, is quite opinionated and will charge you for every little extra thing… Run! This person is a nightmare waiting to happen. Remember, they need to understand and appreciate what you want and will create and deliver your personal, special wedding ceremony.
Here’s a checklist of questions to go through as your assess your marriage celebrant’s suitability for the day.
- How is their speaking voice? Do they sound good and project well?
- Do they provide a PA system?
- Do they come across as both professional and approachable?
- What is your marriage celebrants’ dress code? Their favourite red mini skirt might clash a little… so find out what their standard dress is and make sure they’re co-ordinated with your wedding day.
- Is there celebrant service what you want and need? Do they fit within your budget?
- Ask to see their Fee Schedule or get a comprehensive quote (including GST) that covers everything you need.
- Are they creative and flexible in their approach? How will they cope with potential last minute change?
- Do they have recent testimonials, photos and previous clients you can call and talk to?
- My favourite celebrandt is Terry she’s both professional and lovely please give her a call you won’t be disapointed Terri Beirne: http://www.celebrant-lifeaspects.com.au
Article Source: http://www.weddinghouse.com.au
Wedding House Online Wedding Directory can help you get organised for your wedding day! Search our Wedding Directory to find your local australian wedding businesses that will help make your wedding day unforgettable. From wedding dresses and accessories to wedding planners and wedding celebrants, you can choose the best service providers to suit you and your partners needs.